Project Leadership: Grant County, Indiana

Friday, July 22, 2011

6 students open up about how mentors have changed them

“Pam always encourages me to do my best, prays with me, and lets me know everything is going to be alright and boy is that a good feeling to have especially when you’re feeling down.” -Latesha

“Selena believes that I can do anything if I just put my mind to it and try my best. Because Selena challenges me, I want to try new things, go to newplaces and live life to the fullest. Selena has helped me in every aspect of mylife, she really does and acts on everything that the mentor/ mentee program stands for. Selena is more than a mentor, she is my sister and best friend.” -Taleeza

“Ginny has been helping me over the past four years. She has never given up on me. Looking back, I know I would not have graduated without her help my senior year. Even when I struggled this past year, she stood by me the whole time encouraging me to do my best.” -Olivia

“Jackie has been a part of my life and I could not ask for anyone else. I also love playing UNO with her and I will truly miss her when I go off to college, but I can always write, call and visit her when I come home from college.” -Amy

“Troy is a great guy, always there when we meet. He always brings me food and makes me laugh. He supports me in sports which means a lot to me. I know I can go to him if I need any help with anything.” -Lance

“I believe she is my guardian angel watching over me. Martha helps me when I really need help the most. She guides me in the right direction and she even challenges me to do things I did not know I could do.She believed in mewhen I didn’t think anyone did. Martha is my true hero.” -Mandy